Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Wow

I arrived in Italy with extreme excitement, a good deal of trepidation, and no knowledge of the Italian language (well, ok, I knew spaghetti and lasagna :). Three days later, I am still extremely excited, I have almost no trepidation, and I have increased my vocabulary by about three words (grazie, si, and basta - thanks to Chiara!) As the most "mature" student in the group, I am enjoying the intellectual stimulation, the warmth and hospitality of all our hosts and instructors, and, of course, the food! If the brain is a muscle, I am experiencing major muscle strain, but enjoying every minute.
Until next time...
Gerarda

1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to hear all about this trip and see all of your pictures! It will be great to catch up with you over the 4th!

    Love you,
    jill

    ReplyDelete