Tuesday, June 2, 2009

All Day, Every Day


Culture shock: I can eat gelato every day, at any time I want. In the small town of Bolsena I have more places to procure a delicious cup full of my favorite creamy treat on one street than in my entire hometown of 25,000 people. After only two weeks here I am already pretty knowledgeable about the local gelato scene. For example, the gelateria with the three ice cream cone sign (and no name on the sign) has a very friendly staff and 1 euro sodas to go with your gelato, the one down by the lake has a particularly good mint flavored gelato, and the Blue Bar has the largest selection of gelato based treats. I'll need to be returning there soon. 

Fortunately for all of us here at Convento Santa Maria del giglio, there is a nice hill to walk up after every cup or cone of pure delight, so we don't have to feel so guilty after every gelato we eat.

Personally, I will just be grabbing an extra gelato while walking up the hill. 

-Antonio

No comments:

Post a Comment